Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last day in Colorado

I started this blog in order to journalize our move to Mexico and all of our experiences once we arrive. For some reason it's difficult for me to pick up a pen and old fashioned journal and find a quiet place to physically write. So for now this is my journal, read it if you like, either way it is not a place where I am focusing on pleasing others but simply sharing my heart. If no one reads this it is fine because it helps me just to get my thoughts on "paper" and share my heart in the ether of the Internet.

This is our last day in Colorado. I wasn't "feeling" much until we got the shocking news that our boxes will cost us $2300 to move rather than $1000. Gary and I were shaken down to our toes. But our God is greater than money and he will provide. It's put my emotions off balance ever since we got the information and in some ways this is a good thing because I've finally begun to "feel" this move as the shock of the financial disaster shook up my emotions. I think we've been too busy to really feel much of anything. We've just been going through the motions of what needs to be done but haven't taken time to really soak in the finality of these last few days. I hope once we get to Mexico we will be able to breathe deeply and take some time to re-cooperate from this move. It's taken an incredible amount of time, effort, and money to make this happen.

As I look around our empty house, I'm not sure what I feel. Our children were 7 and 8 years old when we moved here and now Nathaniel is 14 and Bethany is soon to be 13. They've grown up in this home so of course it has a lot of meaning to us. Yet, it is still plaster, wood, and carpet. Our family dynamic goes with us, it doesn't end when we leave these four walls. Yet, if these walls could speak they would tell of a thousand family memories, all of which we take in our heart with us to Mexico.

It is a tremendous time of transition. The next few years Nathaniel and Bethany will grow to be a young man and woman. Not only are we entering a major culture shock but we are also in a major life changes in the stages of growth of our children! I love seeing them grow though and discovering the little adults that they have become. Every aspect of parenting is an adventure. I do miss Nathaniel's little blond curly hair and how he would curl up on my lap and write me little love notes when he was so little. I miss Bethany's little girl dresses and how she would always run up to me and put her arms around me and say, "Mommy!" Yet, I love the maturing and growth process as well. Nathaniel and Bethany are such amazing people. How could I possibly get sad at their growth and maturity? Parenting is an amazing and wonderful process!

Now to move my family to Taxco, Mexico for the next adventure and stage in our life!
Adios Amigos!
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment